Chef Required to run Clanwilliam Restaurant
Great opportunity to run your own restaurant within the parent business. The start date is as soon as possible. The restaurant is situated in Clanwilliam. This is a great opportunity for a person to run their own business within the confines and safety of the parent guesthouse business. We are looking for someone to create a unique menu that fits in with the Clanwilliam culture and local produce...... If interested please get in touch.
In view of fundamentally changing the restoration part of Yellow Aloe we compiled some data which may be of interest for future chefs/managers. The changes comprise:
· Professional management of the restoration part by a chef/manager who would be entirely responsible for the restoration. Good cooperation with the Yellow Aloe accommodation management but as independent as reasonably possible.
· Improvements: kitchen in general, staff education, stock management, selection of dishes, etc.
· High quality breakfast service for all Yellow Aloe accommodation guests.
· Restauration in the evening, for guesthouse guests as well as for day visitors.
· Desirable: new activities as wine tasting, weddings and other events, bakery, etc.
Points to be addressed:
· breakfast for all Longhouse and Yellow Aloe guests between 7h to 10h
· dinner offered for guests for at least 3 evenings a week – menu or fixed plate
· lunch is 2nd priority
· tea time is 2nd priority
· apéro / after work drinks is 1st priority
· investment costs for the kitchen to be shared between YA cc and the new chef, percentage to be discussed.
· The premises will be leased to the chef (to cover for the investment, garden electricity, garden furniture, etc.)
· a percentage on the cash flow will be taken to generate an income proportional to the business, percentage to be discussed
· kitchen and serving staff is chef’s responsibility
· stock management is entirely chef’s responsibility
· YA and its staff are responsible for the venue (accommodation, reception, garden, nursery, etc.)
Potential clients for lunch and dinner from the guesthouse.